Home » Membership » TCCU Membership
At Total Community Credit Union, you are not a customer. You are a member of a unique financial institution. Total Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit member-owned cooperative that is committed to providing our members the best financial services available.
BE PART OF OUR FAMILY
Once you open an account with us, you actually own a share of the credit union. You can start a regular share (savings) account with us for as low as $5 dollars. Once your account is open, you can apply for any of the services that TCCU offers.
Did you know that once you join Total Community Credit Union, anyone living in your household becomes eligible for membership as well? We can also open an account for your family members that live in another household and even another state!
Your family may be missing out on the benefits of credit union membership because they do not realize that they are eligible to join. Please help by informing your family of their eligibility so that they, too, can enjoy the wide range of financial products and services available through Total Community Credit Union.
MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO:
- Anyone who lives or works in:
- The City of Taylor, Michigan
- The City of Romulus, Michigan
- Huron Charter Township, Michigan
- The entire portion of Brownstown Charter Township, Michigan that is contiguous to the City of Taylor and Huron Township.
- Anyone that makes a one-time donation through Total Community Credit Union to the Taylor Conservatory & Botanical Garden. The recommended donation is $5.00.
- Employees of organizations located on both sides of streets which border the cities or townships listed above.
- Any person over the age of 55 who receives a retirement annuity, pension, social security, or similar retirement payment from private or government sources and lives in, or belongs to retirement organization located in either Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw, Monroe or Livingston Counties.
- Members of the immediate family living in the same household of someone eligible to become a member.
- Organizations, incorporated or otherwise, composed for the most part of people eligible for membership as outlined above.
- A spouse of a deceased member if elected to membership prior to remarriage.
- Family members of our members. Family members can live in another home and even live out of state.
- Anyone living in the same household as one of our members.
After joining Total Community Credit Union, your membership is a lifetime affiliation regardless of where you live or work. However, if you close your account, you must meet the requirements for membership to rejoin the credit union. There is a $15.00 charge to rejoin the credit union.
Important Information About Procedures For Opening A New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.